The popularity of Twin cam sails has grown dramatically over the last few years. A Twin cam/cambered sail often delivers more stability and power compared to a No cam sail and is more forgiving and easier to handle compared to a Full cam sail.
Follow the rigging instruction to avoid damaging the cambers
Rigging a cambered sails can be a bit tricky and its very important to follow each sails rigging instructions/manual, otherwise its easy to break one or two of the cams/battens.
If you buy a used cambered sail its very important to check the condition of the cambers and ask the seller to rig the sail and go through the rigging procedure/manual.
5 minutes guide – How to rig a cambered sail
– Pull the sail on to the mast without engaging the cams
– Apply minimal down haul
– Fit the boom
– Apply maximum out haul
– Gently pop the cambers into place
– Apply full down haul
– Do the final tuning
Important: How to de-rig a cambered sail
– Release down haul 10cm – 15cm
– Open the zippers and pop the cams from the mast. Close the zippers !!!!
– Downhaul the sail to the recommended luff length
– Release the out haul and detach boom from mast
– Gentley release the down haul completely
– Remove the mast from the sail.
Leave a Reply